Information about eTA
Eligible citizens will be able to complete the Canada eTA application form by completing all the sections with the required information. You will need to enter a range of information including:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport details
- Contact information
- Declarations around intention of travel and criminal history
To avoid complications, you will need to carefully enter and revise all the data you enter. Any inaccuracies on the Canada eTA form could lead to delays or visa denials in worst-case scenarios.
The following foreign nationals will need an eTA before boarding their flight to Canada as of March 15, 2016:
- Persons who have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence (United States Permanent Residents).
- Holder of a passport or travel document issued by the Holy See.
- Holder of a national Israeli passport.
- Holder of a passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
- Holder of a passport issued by the United Kingdom to a British National (Overseas), as a person born, naturalized or registered in Hong Kong.
- Holder of a passport issued by the United Kingdom to a British Subject which contains the observation that the holder has the right of abode in the United Kingdom.
- Holder of an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes the personal identification number of the individual.
- Note: Taiwanese citizens who hold a passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that does not include their personal identification number need a visa to come to Canada.
- Check your eTA Status
- If you have already submitted an online application and wish to verify/check your eTA application status, you can submit this form indicating you name, passport number, emails and transaction id.
The details you provide in your online eTA application need to be identical to how they appear on your passport and you must use the same passport that is linked to your online eTA application when you travel.
In your application, you need to answer a few simple background questions to determine whether you can come to Canada. For example, you will be asked about your current job, medical issues and funds you have available for your visit to Canada.
To apply for eTA you must fill the eTA Application form eTA Application form.
If you have any questions or concerns about your eTA, get in contact with us today.